TotalEnergies Corbion bv is the data controller for our website, and the local TotalEnergies Corbion entity with whom you may interact is the data controller for such interactions.
What information do we collect?
When you visit our website, you can contact us via the Contact button by filling out the form. Through this form, we collect all the information that you fill out, including your name, company, email address, country, your enquiry, area of interest and any other information you decide to enter into the form.
You can also contact us via email and using the contact details listed on various parts of our website. If you contact us, we will collect your name, company and phone number, and any other information you provide us which we need to be of further assistance and communicate with you.
If you use the 'Subscribe' button to subscribe to the our newsletters and updates, we will collect the information you fill out in the form, including your email address and other information you decide to provide us in the subscription form, such as your name, company and country. You can always unsubscribe from these messages by following the instructions (unsubscribe links) in these emails.
If you are one of our customers, suppliers or prospects, we may process limited personal data in the course of our business relation with you, for example when you place an order and/or request a sample. Such personal data may include your company, name and title, email address, telephone number, address, order details, and where applicable, credit registrations and credit limits.
What do we do with the information we gather?
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- We use the information you provide us when you contact us, for example in relation to enquiries, orders, comments or complaints made by you for conducting business with you and for our legitimate interest of communicating with you about our products and services.
- If you are one of our customers, suppliers or prospects, we use your information to establish and fulfill our contract with you. This may include verifying your identity, communicating with you and arranging the provision of products and services. We also use your information for our legitimate interest of documenting and managing our internal administration.
- We use the data we gain from use of the website and your interactions with us for market research in pursuance of our legitimate interests of improving our products and services and being able to offer our customers and prospects tailored products and services. This may include us following up with these customers and prospects in relation to the products that they have viewed on the website to see how we may be of further service and whether they are interested in particular TotalEnergies Corbion products and services. If you do not wish to get such communications, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to your local TotalEnergies Corbion contact.
- We use the information you provide us via the 'Subscribe' button to send you information on our products and services, special offers and other information based on the interests that you have indicated to us. If you do not wish to receive such information, you can indicate so via the details directly above or via the links provided in our emails.
- If necessary, we can use you information in order to comply with applicable laws and for our legitimate purpose of protection our legal rights, for example, in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, investigative purposes. This may include sharing your data with third parties, such as governmental authorities or law enforcement officials.
When do we share your personal information with third parties?
If necessary to perform a service you request from us, to execute an order you have placed or to follow-up on your enquiries, we can share your information with other TotalEnergies Corbion entities or third party service providers, for example email and hosting providers, suppliers and delivery services. Third party service providers will process your information on behalf of TotalEnergies Corbion for the purposes above. When we share your data with these parties, we make sure that appropriate safeguards are taken to protect your information.
How long do we store your data?
We retain information about you only for as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected.
For example, if you are a customer or supplier of TotalEnergies Corbion, TotalEnergies Corbion will keep your information for the duration of the contractual relationship you or your company has with us and after the end of that relationship for as long as necessary to perform the purposes set out above or to comply with legal obligations. Information we collect as a result of you subscribing to our newsletter or press releases will be stored until you decide to withdraw your subscription.
How do we protect your data?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place technical and organizational measures to safeguard and secure the information we process from you.
What are your rights?
You are entitled to ask TotalEnergies Corbion for an overview of the information we have about you and also to correct or delete certain data, restrict processing of your data, or to ask TotalEnergies Corbion to transfer some of this information to other organizations. You can also object to some processing of your information and, where TotalEnergies Corbion has asked for your consent to process your information, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, you can get in touch at email@example.com. If you wish to opt out of receiving our commercial messages, you can also do so at any time by using the 'unsubscribe' link at the top and bottom of such emails.
In the event that you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to contact your local data protection authority. We hope this will not be necessary and would like to assure you that we will do our best to resolve any dissatisfaction you may have.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How do we use social media buttons?
On our website, we use the social media plug-ins from platforms such as Twitter and LinkedIn. The plug-ins can be recognized by the social media buttons marked with the logos of these companies.
We have implemented these plug-ins using the so-called 2-click solution. This means that when you surf on our website, no information related to you will initially be collected by the providers of these social media plug-ins. Only if you click on one of the plug-ins will your information be transmitted: by activating the plug-in, data is automatically transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored by them (in the cases of Twitter and LinkedIn: the United States). We do not have influence on the collected data and data processing operations conducted by Twitter and LinkedIn and are not aware of the full extent of data collection, the purposes or the retention periods.
Information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by social media platforms can be found in the respective data protection policies of these providers, where you will also find further information on your rights and options for privacy protection. Please refer to the websites of these social media platforms for their data protection policies.
Controlling your personal information / access rights
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete or if you want this information to be deleted by us, please write to us enclosing a copy of your proof of identity at the address below. We will correct any information found to be incorrect or delete your personal information.
Attn: Communications Department
4206 AC Gorinchem
T +31 183 695 695
Changes and applicable law