TotalEnergies Corbion is a global technology leader in Poly Lactic Acid (PLA). PLA is a versatile, biobased and biodegradable polymer made from annually renewable resources. PLA offers a reduced carbon footprint versus many traditional plastics and can be used in a wide range of markets and applications. TotalEnergies Corbion is a young and fast growing company founded in 2017. We already operate a 75,000 Ton/year PLA plant in Rayong, Thailand and are building an additional 100,000 Ton/year plant in Grandpuits, France.
Within our Sales & Business Development team we currently have an open vacancy for a:
Business Development Manager – Europe
About the role
As our Business Development Manager Europe, you will be responsible for delivering TotalEnergies Corbion sales growth according to the strategic plan. You will develop an adequate pipeline (segment focus and quantity) to support sustainable and profitable regional growth.
You report to VP Sales and Business development, Western Hemisphere.
The position requires 40-50% overnight travel.
- Identify, qualify and develop new business opportunities to achieve sales and pipeline targets
- Develop, plan and implement strategic selling plans, qualify customer targets and achieve sales and profit growth objectives.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel at assigned accounts in order to maximize sales opportunities.
- Proactively assess, clarify and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis to ensure optimum customer satisfaction.
- Conduct regular business reviews with accounts.
- Direct involvement in the complete technical sales cycle to include formal customer presentations, technical discussions, product trials, overcoming objections, negotiations and closing supply agreements/contracts.
- Input into S&OP to ensure product availability.
- Ensure efficient order to cash cycle
- Efficient handling of customer complaints
- Map the trends in the bioplastics market in general and PLA in particular. Feedback market data to marketing department
- Identify technical issues customers have and give basic technical support and if necessary enlist the support of application specialists in the R&D team.
- Assure overall Customer Satisfaction with regard to quality, service and delivery.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Polymer Technology, Polymer Science, Polymer Engineering, Chemistry or related discipline,
- Minimum of ten (10) years technical sales/ technical service and/or key account management in the polymer industry.
- Experienced working with and managing accounts, ideally introducing new materials offering improved functionality and enhanced environmental benefits.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CRM and forecasting systems/software
- Ability to work across an organization in a matrix environment
- Ability to rapidly learn, apply and introduce new material technologies
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Proven record in application development
- Working knowledge of the technical issues important to the markets and customers served.
- Proven effective interfacing with and influencing customers at all levels and functions
- Recognized for having a very strong drive for results: ability to take a proactive approach to identify, create and deliver new business with minimal supervision.
- A self-starter, able to plan & set priorities, to facilitate and follow-up on commercial issues.
- Exceptional Communications skills – effectively, clearly and concisely conveys ideas, concepts and opportunities. Excelling in written and formal presentations.
- Strong drive for results and take a proactive approach to identify and complete tasks without direct supervision and when needed, to proactively communicate upward issues to management for additional resolution.
- Proficient in English and at least one other European language, preferably Italian.
What we offer:
We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits. The start of your career at TotalEnergies Corbion offers many opportunities where you have the advantages of developing the organization. There is an informal atmosphere and the culture promotes self-management. TotalEnergies Corbion offers you the unique possibility to be trained by our own professionals in the world of biobased products.
Please apply by submitting your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com or