<download full job vacancy>
TotalEnergies Corbion is a global technology leader in Poly Lactic Acid (PLA). PLA is a versatile, biobased and biodegradable polymer made from annually renewable resources. PLA offers a reduced carbon footprint versus many traditional plastics and can be used in a wide range of markets and applications. TotalEnergies Corbion is a young and fast growing company founded in 2017. We already operate a 75,000 Ton/year PLA plant in Rayong, Thailand and are building an additional 100,000 Ton/year plant in Grandpuits, France.
Within our management team we currently have an open vacancy for a:
Senior Legal Counsel
About the role
To strengthen the organization we are hiring a Senior Legal Counsel, to be based in Gorinchem, the Netherlands. Total Corbion has 140 employees of which 30 are located at the headquarters in Gorinchem, the Netherlands. The legal support in the past has been provided by one of our parent companies and covered our global business and four geographical legal entities in all types of corporate legal matters, such as confidentiality agreements, joint development agreements, commercial contracts with suppliers and customers, license agreements related to patents and trademarks, other miscellaneous agreements, claims and litigations, advising on competition laws, compliance matters, corporate housekeeping, etc.
The Legal Counsel provides commercially balanced legal advice and assistance to the business to support the strategic goals, whilst ensuring compliance with relevant international & national laws and TotalEnergies Corbion’s internal policies. More specifically, the Legal Counsel will perform the following tasks and responsibilities.
- Negotiate and draft (i) sale and purchase contracts, (ii) services and utilities contracts, (iii) intra-group contracts, (iv) letters of intent, MOUs and confidentiality contracts, (v) distribution and agency contracts, and (vi) joint development agreements, research agreements and license agreements.
- Assist on various ongoing projects.
- Work closely together with the members of the TotalEnergies Corbion management team and with shareholder representatives of TotalEnergies and Corbion on a regular basis to share best practices and establish operating policies.
- Provide sound legal advice to implement business goals pragmatically.
- Anticipate and deliver proactive support and advice on competition law and compliance.
- Support in B2B dispute resolution by participating in negotiations.
- Provide training to the business to enhance legal awareness.
- Coordinate and supervise services of outside counsel for all matters requiring external expertise.
In addition, the Senior Legal Counsel will act as the Secretary of the Board and as such will perform the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Share the Board agenda, attend the Board meetings and prepare the meeting minutes.
- Ensure compliance to the joint venture agreements.
The Senior Legal Counsel will report to the CFO of TotalEnergies Corbion.
- Master degree in Law.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in legal practice.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in a law firm is required.
- Prior in-house experience in an international company is required; experience in a similar industry is preferred.
- Experience in general contract law, intellectual property matters, competition law and compliance is required.
- Experience in managing external lawyers and law firms.
- Experience with international business relationships.
- Proactive business partner with a focus on the customer.
- Ability to establish credibility and build strong relationships at all levels.
- Team player and self-starter.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
- Ability to balance legal risks and commercial consequences.
- Apply high standards of accuracy.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, confidentially and professionally within all levels of the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Fluent in French is a preference.
- Full time or 32 hours/week availability is required.
What we offer:
- Culture to empower people and where your initiatives and ideas make a real difference.
- International focus with truly diverse teams.
- Friendly & informal culture in a demanding professional environment.
Please apply by submitting your resumé and cover letter to Jaap Krijgsman, HR Director (email@example.com)